"If you want to be Successful,find someone who has achieved the results you want,and copy what they do,and you'll achieve similar results"
Many of the candidates have a Question in there minds about OTA(Officer's Training Academy) how to prepare for the written examination and clear the exams in there first attempt. So here we would discuss about the solution by our experts recommended candidates. Candidates who want to make your dreams come true start preparing for the exams to see yourself in that Officer's uniform. It's only 2-3 months you have to make yourself fully dedicated to the preparation of the exams after that it's all about enjoying the life living with your dreams which you have seen.
Prepare for OTA Exams:Exams are generally conducted by UPSC twice a year and the exams are CDS(Combined Defence Services) which is divided into:-
1. IMA(Indian Military Academy) - 19-24 years age
2. OTA(Officer's Training Academy) - 19-25 years age.
Education Qualification for IMA/OTA:-
Candidate must have a Graduation degree from a recognized university.
IMA Question Paper consists of:-
|Total 300 Marks|
|Total 200 Marks|
Note:- Negative Marking is there for the exams (one - third marks would be deducted)
Time Management: This is the most important thing in this exams. Time Mantra which you have to practice make yourself faster for the CDS papers. For each questions you would be given 1 minute in which you have to read the questions and solve them too so make it fast during the papers. skip the problems which you think you are not sure it would save your time and there is no penalty for the skipping questions. You have to do a intelligent work during papers go for the questions which you think you are aware of and fully confident which would help you to score well in IMA,OTA exams.
OTA/IMA Examination Centers:-
IMA/ OTA examination centers, which are located in Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Bombay, Calcutta, Chandigarh, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kohima, Lucknow, Madras, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Tirupati, Trivandrum, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
Preparing for OTA Exams:-
English Paper would be the First paper for bothe the examinations IMA and OTA for 100 marks which would be of Objective type with four options. Candidates are requested to make the basics grammar rules clear,Spotting errors,make sentences,Passage questions,Synonyms,Antonyms etc. Candidates only attempt the questions which you are are and fully confident it would help you to score well.
How to Prepare IMA/OTA English ?
- Read newspaper daily which would make you aware of new words, and would help you in sentences making and beside that also make your general awareness strong for the Interviews.
- Watch English News Channel,watch English movies or download English subtitles and start reading them help you a lot for improving your communication skills.
- While reading newspaper underline the words you are not aware and find its Synonyms and antonyms which would make you aware of the word meanings.
- Download Previous years Questions papers to be aware of the Questions to be asked in the papers and start practicing them.
General Knowledge paper would be also of 100 marks which be of 2 hours of duration.Candidates have to make there best for the preparation of General Knowledge paper for both IMA/OTA exams.
General Knowledge paper consists of vast topics related to Physics,Chemistry,Biology,History,Geography,Indian Constitution,Economics and General awareness so you have to make your best in this paper to score well for OTA exams.
How to prepare for IMA/OTA General Knowledge Paper ?
- Read newspaper daily,Watch Television news channel ,refer to 10th standard books for History,Geography,Constitution,Economics etc.
- Read magazines, related to sports, Commonwealth games, Indian Gold,Silver medalists etc news about them.
- refer previous year question papers which would help you get idea for the questions asked from the various topics.
Note:- Elementary Mathematics not for OTA Exams
Mathematics paper would be only for IMA appearing candidates not for OTA candidates. Maths paper would be considering of 10th basic maths from the topics like HCF - LCM, Problems on Ages.Time and Distance,Problems on Trains, Probability, etc Start preparing from the simple topics like HCF LCM , Basic maths questions.
How to Prepare for IMA Maths ?
- Revise all the formula for the important chapters like mensuration ,Trigonometry etc.
- Start with the simple topics than go for Hard topics for getting results for IMA.
- Questions would be asked with basics questions from 10th standard maths questions can refer from that.
- Also download previous year question papers which would help you get idea for the questions asked from the various topics.
Candidates are requested to appear for the exams with full of hopes and confidently which would help you a lot during your exams and SSB's. Candidates should be confident with the answers they are going with and don't loose hopes for the exams. i know it's not a easy task to clear exams but remember "Nothing is Impossible" so just chase your dreams and just focus on the exams after that its all your comfortable life with full of respects and honor. It's always take some time to be successful it's not in a day or a week you have to make yourself fully dedicated towards the exams and surely it will come true. Just be positive with your Attitudes start living a officer's life, read motivated quotes which would inspire you to do well in your life.
Good Luck Aspirants for your bright future!!!