PGIMER Vacancy Details
Name of the Posts:
1. naesthesia: 13
2. Cardiac Anaesthesia: 3
3. Anatomy: 1
4. Biochemistry: 1
5. Paediatrics Cardiology: 1
6. Community Medicine /School of Public Health: 5
7. Dentistry (Pedo. & Prev. Dent): 1
8. Dentistry (Conservative Dental & Endodontics): 1
9. Dentistry (Perodontics): 1
10. Dermatology: 5
11. Forensic Medicine: 1
12. Gastroenterology: 2
13. Paed. Gastroenterology: 1
14. General Surgery: 10
15. Hospital Administration: 7
16. Internal Medicine: 16
17. Microbiology (Including one post of Parasitology): 2
18. Nuclear Medicine: 6
19. Obst. & Gynae.: 12
20. Ophthalmology: 8
21. Orthopaedics: 5
22. Otolaryngology (ENT): 1
23. Pathology: 2
24. Paediatrics: 11
25. Pharmacology: 2
26. Physical Reh. & Medicine: 2
27. Psychiatry: 8
28. Radiodiagnosis: 8
29. Radiotherapy: 7
30. Renal Transplant Surgery: 7
31. Transfusion Medicine: 3
32. Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency): 5
Senior Demonstrator (Medical/Non Medical)
33. Anatomy: 1
34. Biochemistry: 2
Senior Demonstrator (Non Medical)
35. Neurology: 1
36. Nuclear Medicine: 1
37. Ophthalmology: 1
38. Paediatric (Medicine): 1
39. Radiodiagnosis (X-ray): 2
Senior Demonstrator (Non Medical) in Community Medicine / School of Public Health
40. Health Economics: 1
41. Environmental Health: 1
42. Health Promotion: 1
Senior/Junior Demonstrator (Non Medical)
43. Biophysics: 1
44. Biostatistics: 1
45. Exp. Med. & Biotech.: 1
46. Nuclear Medicine(for PET Centre): 1
47. Pharmacology: 2
48. Tutor (Medical) in Transfusion Medicine: 1
Junior Demonstrator (Non Medical) in Community Medicine/ School of Public Health
49. Health Promotion: 1
50. Environment Health: 1
51. Health Economics: 1
52. Nutrition: 1
Total No. of Vacancies: 168
PGIMER Age limit
- Maximum age limit is 36 years for the post of Hospital Administration.
- Maximum age limit is 33 years for remaining posts.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Interview.
PGIMER How to apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through online from the website of the Institute: www.pgimer.edu.in
- After applying online, print out of application along with all relevant supporting documents Should be sent to the Administrative Officer (Recruitment Cell), PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh 160 012 before 3 June 2014.
- Opening date for Online Application Forms: 10 May 2014
- Closing date for Online Application Forms: 1 June 2014
- Last date for deposit of application fee: 3 June 2014
- Last date for receipt of Application Forms: 3 June 2014
About PGIMER:Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (or PGIMER) is a top ranking medical and research institution located in Chandigarh, India. It has educational, medical research and training facilities for its students.
The founders of the institute are Tulsi Das, Santokh Singh Anand, P N Chuttani, B N Aikat, Sant Ram Dhall and Bala Krishna. PGIMER was conceived and planned in 1960 to create an “ISLAND OF EXCELLENCE” providing physical and intellectual milieu for young scientists working in multiple disciplines of medicine, to advance the frontiers of knowledge to render humane service to sick and suffering and to train medical and paramedical manpower, in Chandigarh. The Institute was established in 1962 under the erstwhile state of Punjab. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament (Sr. No. 51 of 1966) w.e.f. 1 st April, 1967.
PGIMER runs a full-time residency program in specialties of medical science including Medicine, Surgery, Pathology and Microbiology.
There is an institute of nursing called National Institute of Nursing Education (NINE) which imparts nursing education.
PGIMER is involved in research for the rural and community related environment and health problems. The focus of research has been on tackling diseases like diarrhoea, tuberculosis, malaria, amoebiasis Systemic vasculitis, Relapsing polychondritis, HIV, leprosy, hepatitis, anaemia, leukaemia, hypertension, atherosclerosis, thalassemia, dental caries, stone disease, cancer, and sexually transmitted diseases.
Techniques are available to conduct studies like flow cytometry, chromatography (HPLC, FPLC), molecular biology, positron emission tomography (PET) and genetic studies. A BSL-III laboratory for Mycobacteria is under construction.
Every year nearly 400 research articles are published for the institute in national and international journals.
A number of departments have been designated as research centres by WHO and national agencies. WHO designated centres include:
- (Community Medicine)/(School of Public Health, PGIMER) is one of the departments imparting training to public health professionals including MD in Community Medicine and MPH, affiliated by WHO. The department is involved in research on public health issues.
- Clinical research in human reproduction (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- Mental Health Centre (Psychiatry)
- Quality Control in Clinical Chemistry (Biochemistry)
- Coagulation (Haematology)
- Clinical Parasitology
- Blood Transfusion and Haematology
Candidates can checkout PGIMER Recruitment 2014 jobs 68 posts - Apply Now from the official website link provided. Candidates can follow simple steps to apply for the PGIMER Recruitment 2014.from the simple steps provided.Candidates are advised to keep on visiting this page
regularly for further more details related to PGIMER Recruitment 2014.
Candidates can also comment below for any details related to pay scale,education qualification,jobs vacancies, admit cards, results, age limit for PGIMER Recruitment 2014.
Good luck for your bright future!!!